Convert Company

To convert the company at a certain point might represent a suitable option for those Foreign entrepreneurs who want to develop the business further in China.

Generally, Foreign Invested Enterprise in China is referred to WFOE (Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise), or JV (Joint Venture) company, or RO (Representative Office), meantime you need to choose the different corporration industies for your company including Consulting company, Trading company, Technology company, Food, and Beverage company, as well Manufactory or Factory company, etc. The Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise is the most populare business structure for Foreign Investment Enterprises. For example, some Entrepreneurs might be interested in changing the WFOE into Joint Ventures,  and vice versa. Some Enterpreneurs need to change the Legal Representative or shareholders, etc.

The most important part is to change the company’s register address. However, as a company’s business address is a part of its core registered information (along with its business scope, registered capital and company name), any change to this information is a complex process, comparable to set up a company. Moreover, if the Enterpreneur need to change the company address in other District or citys, it needs to conduct Tax Liquidation and open new account in other Tax Bureau.

GWBMA has a very experienced management team, we can provide all around service of Business Conversion in China.

Let's Talk

Please get in touch with us and we will get back to you in 24 hours.
Name *
Field is required!
Field is required!
Email *
Field is required!
Field is required!
  • - select your country -
  • Åland Islands
  • Afghanistan
  • Albania
  • Algeria
  • American Samoa (US)
  • Andorra
  • Angola
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bahamas
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Barbados
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Belize
  • Benin
  • Bermuda (UK)
  • Bhutan
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Botswana
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Bulgaria
  • Burkina Faso
  • Burma (Myanmar)
  • Burundi
  • Cambodia
  • Cameroon
  • Canada
  • Cape Verde
  • Central African Republic
  • Chad
  • Chile
  • China
  • Colombia
  • Comoros
  • Congo, Democratic Republic of the
  • Congo, Republic of the
  • Cook Islands (NZ)
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Cuba
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Djibouti
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • East Timor (Timor-Leste)
  • Ecuador
  • Egypt
  • El Salvador
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Eritrea
  • Estonia
  • Ethiopia
  • Falkland Islands (UK)
  • Faroe Islands (Denmark)
  • Fiji
  • Finland
  • France
  • French Guiana
  • French Polynesia (France)
  • Gabon
  • Gambia
  • Georgia
  • Germany
  • Ghana
  • Gibraltar (UK)
  • Greece
  • Greenland (Denmark)
  • Grenada
  • Guam (US)
  • Guatemala
  • Guernsey (UK)
  • Guinea
  • Guinea-Bissau
  • Guyana
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Hong Kong (China)
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Ireland
  • Isle of Man (UK)
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Ivory Coast
  • Jamaica
  • Japan
  • Jersey (UK)
  • Jordan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kenya
  • Kiribati
  • Korea, North
  • Korea, South
  • Kosovo
  • Kuwait
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Laos
  • Latvia
  • Lebanon
  • Lesotho
  • Liberia
  • Libya
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Macau (China)
  • Macedonia
  • Madagascar
  • Malawi
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Mali
  • Malta
  • Marshall Islands
  • Mauritania
  • Mauritius
  • Mayotte (France)
  • Mexico
  • Micronesia, Federated States of
  • Moldova
  • Monaco
  • Mongolia
  • Montenegro
  • Morocco
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • Nauru
  • Nepal
  • Netherlands
  • New Caledonia (France)
  • New Zealand
  • Nicaragua
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Niue (NZ)
  • Norfolk Island (Australia)
  • Northern Mariana Islands (US)
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Palau
  • Palestinian territories
  • Panama
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Pitcairn Islands (UK)
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Qatar
  • Réunion (France)
  • Romania
  • Russian Federation
  • Rwanda
  • São Tomé and Príncipe
  • Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (UK)
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France)
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Senegal
  • Serbia
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Solomon Islands
  • Somalia
  • South Africa
  • South Sudan
  • Spain
  • Sri Lanka
  • Sudan
  • Suriname
  • Svalbard and Jan Mayen (Norway)
  • Swaziland
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Syria
  • Taiwan
  • Tajikistan
  • Tanzania
  • Thailand
  • Togo
  • Tokelau (NZ)
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Turkmenistan
  • Tuvalu
  • Uganda
  • Ukraine
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • Uruguay
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vanuatu
  • Vatican City
  • Venezuela
  • Vietnam
  • Wallis and Futuna (France)
  • Western Sahara
  • Yemen
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe
- select your country -
Field is required!
Field is required!
Message *
Field is required!
Field is required!


First-rate and All-round Company Convert Service

  • Online Company Conversion Process
    Just provide us the required documents and let us do the rest.
  • Fastest Filings Process
    The fastest process takes only about 3 working days.
  • Change the company Legally
    Our Attorney will file National Documents to overnement for your company.
  • Flat Fee Changement Services
    It is easy for our clients to know upfront what their total expenses will be.
  • Simplifying the Conversion Process
    Simplify the Chinese company Conversion process for our clients.
  • Comprehensive Management Service
    A comprehensive range of additional business services.

Convert company procedure

To change your company needs 10-45 Working Days

  • {{ item.smallTitle }}
  1. {{ item.title }}

    {{ item.timeMate }}

China Corporate Structures

The advantage of 4 typical Foreign Invested Corporations

Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE)

Joint Venture Company

Representative Office

Foreign Partnership Enterprise


Documents required to change company according to the different purpose

Business License

Obtaining a Business License from Government

Business Scope

Provide the approved business activity in the Business License

Articles of association

Company's articles of association (Basic Version in Chinese)


Company stamp, Financial stamp, Invoice (Fapiao) seal and Legal Representative stamp

Foreign Trade Registration Certificate

Put it on record in the Commission of Commerce Bureau.

Inspection and Quarantine Registration

Inspection and Quarantine and put it on record in the Customs Bureau

Customs Registration Certificate

Apply for the Customs Registration Certificate in the Customs Bureau

China Customs E-port Ukey

China E-port Ukey (2 USB disks, one for the Legal reprensentatvie, one for Operator)

Extra service package after Company Conversion

Bank Account

RMB Company Bank Account / Company Capital Account / Foreign Exchange Account

TAX Bureau Disk

Golden Tax Bureau Disk (OfficialTax USB disk to issue invoices and the tax)/ Fapiao printing machine / Blank fapiao notes

Visa & Work Permit

Work visa is required for entrepreneurs who set up a company in China. After applying for a work visa, you must obtain a work permit and residence permit.

Social security account

Pension, Medical Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, Maternity Insurance, Work Injury Insurance and Housing Provident Fund for Chinese employees.

Frequently Asked Questions

Learn more about Company Conversion in China

Can I convert a WFOE (Wholly Foreign-owned Enterprise) to Joint Venture?

Yes, the key point is that the proportion of foreign investors shall be no less than 25% for Joint Venture Company.

What is the share proportion for the Foreign-Invested Enterprise?

  • For the WFOE/WOEF, the foreign investor should have a 100% shareholder ratio to set up a wholly foreign owned company in China.
  • For Joint venture company, at least one of the shareholders should be a foreign investor that the proportion shall be no less than 25%.

I haven’t rented an office yet, can I set up a company first?

When setting up a company in China, it is important that you need to find an office and the lease contract with the landload who provide the copy of the real estate license, and other related materials. It is necessary for company registration. Certainly, if you need help, we can help you to find the best office or provide the registration address in the Development Zone.

What is a Joint Venture company in China?

The Joint venture (JV) is a business entity set up by one or more citizens, corporations, or economic organizations cooperating with Chinese citizens, corporations, or economic organizations. That means the shareholders are from two or more nationalities. According to the Company Laws in China, the JV company is characterized by shared ownership, shared returns and risk, and shared governance. The point is, the contribution of capitals shall be converted to a certain proportion, and the proportion of the foreign investors shall be no less than 25%.

Who can be the legal Representative of Foreign companies?

Setting up a company in China requires a legal representative. The legal representative can be one Chinese or a foreigner. Besides that, the legal representative may be one of the shareholders, or it may be one of the persons from the appointment system (the position is the chairman, executive director, or manager). But the legal representative should not be the supervisor.

Can I change the name of my company in China?

Yes, you can. Just like company registration, firstly we need to submit the Prename Registration. After the change of the company name,  we need also to change the account of the bank, Tax Bureau, Social Security, stamps, etc.

How to Change the company’s business scope?

The Chinese company law stipulates that an enterprise may not operate business beyond the business scope of the business license, otherwise it will face a fine. Therefore, you must first determine the main operations to ensure that the company can legally operate these industries.

What is the WFOE/WOFE in China?

Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise (WFOE or WOFE) refers to foreign enterprises, corporations, economic organizations, or individuals that are 100% owned and capitalized in China by foreign investors. Thus, the WFOE doesn’t include the Joint venture enterprises, Representative Offices, or the branches of foreign companies, etc. Most notably, unlike the other investment vehicles in China, the unique feature of a WFOE is that the involvement of a mainland Chinese investor is not required. That’s why the WFOE is the most popular corporation for Foreign Invested Enterprises (FIE).

What is the Representative Office in China?

Representative Office (RO) allows a foreign company to hire staff in China through their own legal entity. That means the RO is for the sole purpose of company representation. Starting up a RO in China is the fastest way to get an income at a lesser cost. However, not only the RO cannot part-take in any activities that cause them to gain returns, but also it cannot sign up any legal documents or charge a sales service fee from any customers.

What is a branch office? Is a branch company qualified as a corporate legal Representative?

A branch company refers to a company that sets up a business entity in a different registered area. It should be noted that the branch company does not have a legal personality, and cannot independently assume civil liabilities. Therefore, the parent company is responsible for civil liabilities.