You don’t need the PU letter anymore for Work Visa

Starting from June 10th, 2022, the foreigners will no longer need to apply for PU letter to come to China for the purpose of Work and family reunions. Moreover, the foreign staff needs to be fully vaccinated with WHO-approved vaccination before coming to China, which includes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, Moderna (mRNA-1273) Vaccine, J&J COVID-19 vaccine, Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, Sinopharm vaccine, Sinovac vaccine, or the Vaccines made in China, etc.

How to Apply for the Work Visa Z without PU?

Notification Letter of Work Permit

Notification Letter of Work Permit


In accordance with the relevant arrangement, the Embassy of China will make adjustments to Visa Z application requirements for work and family visits to China. The updated application procedures and material requirements are as follows:

1. Using the Chinese company as the employer to apply for the Notification Letter of Foreigner’s Work Permit

2. Fill out the visa application form online (, print out the confirmation page and form, and sign the confirmation page and item 9 of the form.

3. Make an appointment online to submit the application and print out the visa appointment confirmation form.

4. Submit the application in person at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center at the appointment time.

Tips: There are some countries you need also the PU or TE letter except for Work Visa in China, such as Philippines, Nigeria, etc.

What is the Work permit application in China?

So far, Z Visa or also known as the China work Visa or Work permit is the type of Visa made accessible to the people who come to China. From 1st April 2017, the Chinese consulate has broken down the Z Visa into them, and they are now officially stated as;

Class A (Talent/encourage)
Class B (Specialty/Control)
Class C (Normal/Restrict)

For procurement of the Z Visa, the foreigners have to work in incorporation in China. Of course, they can also set up a company in  China to apply for a Work Visa as an employee.

Work Visa Application Documents needed:

1. Application form completed online with the Notification Letter of Foreigner’s Work Permit (print-out of the full form);

2. Original passport and copy of the information page;

3. 1 photo;

4. Certificate of lawful stay or residence permit (for citizens of other countries);

5. Original Chinese passport or original Chinese visa (for those who had Chinese nationality before and now joined a foreign nationality);

6. Certificate of COVID-19 vaccination with verifiable QR code.


Furthermore, the immediate family members (including his/her spouse, parents, children, and parents) of a foreigner can come to China with S1/S2 from your foreigner relatives who worked in China. But, if the foreigner wants to come to China for Business trip, Exchange, or Investigation, they also need to apply for PU letter for M visa and L visa.

With that being said,  if you apply for the Z visa without PU letter, please contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country. Welcome to China!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on print
Search All Post
Generic filters